Assistant transport planner
Are you ready for a challenging role as Assistant Transport Planner, with plenty of opportunities to grow into Transport Planner? As an assistant, you support the transport planner with the daily activities related to sea container transports. You work closely with the entire team, customers, external parties and drivers to ensure that transport is carried out on time and cost-effectively. Important tasks include creating orders, assisting with transport planning by checking data and booking time slots for daily transport challenges. You maintain contacts with suppliers and customers and are responsible for the administrative processing of the journeys. If any problems arise, you respond quickly and make adjustments to ensure that everything runs smoothly. Spatial insight and experience in sea container transport are essential for this position.
Who are we looking for?
- You have thorough geographical knowledge of the Netherlands
- You have work experience in a similar position in sea container transport
- You have excellent communication skills and are proactive in finding solutions and opportunities
- You can switch quickly and maintain a good overview, even in stressful situations
- You are a team player and can work well together to solve daily planning challenges
- You are accurate and can handle workload
- Flexibility comes naturally to you, and you are willing to work from home in the evenings and occasionally on weekends if necessary
- You have an excellent command of both the Dutch and English language, both spoken and written
What do we offer?
- A challenging and versatile full-time position
- Space for own initiative and development opportunities as a transport planner
- A pleasant working environment with an informal collegial atmosphere
- Travel allowance
- A solid pension scheme
- good working conditions
- Market-oriented salary in accordance with experience